Friday, October 29, 2010

some people have jesus, i have taylor alison swift

I've just heard the best news in the world ever. Literally. My hero and musical inspiration, Taylor Swift, is playing in Dublin on March 27th. Let me give you a little taster of my introduction and growing relationship with her and her music.

It all began in February of 2009. I was sitting on my computer and I receieve a text from Christine, asking me to download her some songs by some chick called Taylor Swift. I hadn't heard of her and my only dabble into country music was the odd Carrie Underwood tune. So being a curious cat and fufilling Christine's wishes, I go onto youtube and search 'Taylor Swift - Our Song'. I sat there watching the music video in absolute awe. Needless to say I was VERY impressed. I then looked up Love Story and Teardrops on my Guitar and loved them too. I was soon hooked on just those three songs so I downloaded the whole of the Fearless album. That had me hooked also. I listened to it all day everyday, it was (and still is) one of my favourite albums ever. I was inspired by her, I began writing (very bad) songs and tried (and failed at the time) playing guitar. I bought the Fearless Deluxe Edition in February, it never gets old, and it was definitely worth the extremely expensive €20 that I paid. I bought her debut for the epic price of £6 on holiday this year and still smile when I hear the opening bars of Tim McGraw. And now, just one week ago today I was introduced to Speak Now, thanks to the AMAZING Saoirse, and once again have fallen in love with her music. She continues to inspire me to follow my dreams of one day being in her position one day.

I'll be forever grateful to Taylor for everything above and more.
Stay classy
Flo x

No comments:

Post a Comment